"momma take this mask from me
i just can't wear it anymore."

"momma put my guns to the ground
i just can't shoot them anymore."

"your smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun."

Thursday, March 27, 2008

first thoughts of a new era...

was supposed to be 'last thoughts on being 19'. but i didn't get home in time... haha...

hmm. i always do this. write on my birthday. what it means to me.

well, this time, it wasn't as bad as i thought. i was dreading this day. the day i cease to be a teen.

i remember my reaction when i turned 13. i was dam emo and sad. i guess not being 12 anymore was a big milestone for me, and represented to me, an era left behind--an era dominated by my primary school, which i loved so much. an era that would never come back.

well, how do i feel now that i'm no longer a teen? and i'm not quite a twenty-something, yet, just a plain old 'twenty'. in between. in between a kid and an adult. strangely, i'm not sad or anxious or whatever. hmm, maybe it'll take the morning to let the truth set in.

in any case, birthdays are milestones and all... but when they're over, life still goes on... i'll still be in NS for 3/4 of a year and life remains...

then there comes the trickiness of resolutions... and really, there's only one that bothers me... every birthday, i vow to myself to change the status quo by the next birthday. alas, the cycle repeats itself. (of what, you readers can guess...) oh well, maybe next year...

above all, i hope to continue to remain close to God, and to get closer to Him, and i know He'll take care of everything in His own time... God never fails to amaze and sursrise me, acting in ways i least expect... let's see what He has in store for me this year...

and here's to life, love, friendship, and all the good times... may they be always cherished, more to come, and be touched by the presence of God...

cheers!

2 comments:

jerboa83 said...

Hi, Mark!
Just one question: who's the trees' picture by? I love it...
Thanx a lot!

jerboa83 said...

Hi, Mark!
Just one question: who's the trees' picture by? I love it...
Thanx a lot!